Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Week 3-Hurricanes

Hurricane Katrina-Analysis of Flooding in Hancock, Harrison & Jackson Counties, Mississsippi














I thought this project was straight forward as the instructions were excellent.  Although I did have a few stumples with the labels and getting my symbology where I wanted it.  If there was more time I would have liked to place some labels on the places, but thought the overall exercise was to show the extent of the flooding.  I also was unclear why we put the churches layer into the drawing, unless it was to show potential shelters.  I believe a more pertinent statistic would have been to show the population center within the county as this would have shown the officials where damage, help and rebuilding would most likely be needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment